Senior Secondary Curriculum
XI and XII Newsletter
Students of Class XI and XII may take Science, Commerce or Humanities course, each of which cover 5 subjects.
The Science Course: English, Physics and Chemistry are the compulsory subjects for the students.
The Medical Stream : This has Biology as the fourth subject while the ﬁfth subject can be Music / Computer Science / Physical Education.
The Non Medical Stream : This has fourth subject as Mathematics and the ﬁfth subject can be Computer Science / Music/ Physical Education.
The Commerce Course: English, Accountancy, Business Studies and Economics are compulsory subjects. For the ﬁfth subject, students have a choice of Mathematics / Music/ Physical Education/Computer Science.
The Humanities Course: English and Hindi are compulsory subject. Other choices are :
– Political Science / History/Geography/Mathematics- Any Two. The ﬁfth subject can be Computer Science / Music/ Physical Education.
The class XII course culminates in the All India Senior Secondary Examinations, which is also conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education.
The new academic session 2018-19 has commenced with reverberating zest and vitality. The entire environment of the school is electriﬁed with the noblest of all pursuits, the dissemination of knowledge. Following is the information regarding the school rules and the examination system in Class XII.
- Every student must have minimum 75% attendance, as per CBSE rules.
- Every student should be in proper uniform, with proper haircut and trimmed nails.
- No student is allowed to carry mobile phones, smart watches and other gadgets in school. Gadgets if conﬁscated shall be returned after the session concludes.
- In case the student is absent from school, the parents should send an application to the Class teacher, at the earliest.
WEEKLY TESTS(Any One Day of WEEK)
• They ensure consistency and rigour in academic preparation and evaluation.
• The re-test for the same will be held on the following day after school. This test is strictly for students who could not appear earlier due to unavoidable circumstances.
• If it’s a medical case, medical certiﬁcate should be submitted when the child resumes school . Non-medical cases should submit a pre sanctioned leave application.
• It is compulsory to write the Weekly test .
The examination papers are set in accordance with the CBSE guidelines. They consolidate and reinforce the syllabus concepts.
The speciﬁc date sheet for every round of examination along with the syllabus will be provided on the school website well in advance, for further desired reference.
FOR BETTER RESULTS
The parents are requested to
• Ensure regularity and punctuality of their wards.
• Be in regular touch with the class Teacher and subject teachers.
• Attend Parent Teacher meetings regularly.
• Update their contact numbers with the Class Teacher
• Ensure that the child appears for every test and examination.
• The project work for Board exams should be submitted at the time of Pre-board practical exams.
• If the child appears for Board practical exam in a speciﬁc subject, the child must appear for Board theory paper for the same subject.
• If a child is unwell during the Board examinations, the school should be informed immediately.
We appreciate wholeheartedly your unstinted support and look forward to receiving the same always, as we proceed with yet another enriching and fulﬁlling year.