House system is a service-cum-training organisation. Its purposes are as follow:-
- To promote the welfare of the students
- To promote better student-teacher relationship
- To furnish citizenship-training
- To encourage self-discipline
- To arouse greater school spirit
- To impart training in the skills of management and leadership
There are four houses namely Jagriti, Jyoti, Shakti, Kirti. Each house is headed by a house-Incharge, a house captain and four perfects. The houses perform their duties in a rotation.
The House system inculcates in the students the values of team spirit, commitment, loyalty, sharing and healthy competition. A student is urged to compete with them self, raising their own excellence bar.
Points are awarded to students throughout the year for co-curricular activities through Inter House competitions in sports, Debates, Quiz, Arts & Music and prizes/Trophies are awarded accordingly. At the end of the academic session, the house gaining the highest point is awarded the running trophy.
The aim of the House system is to inculcate and develop the qualities of leadership, public speaking; organizational skills among the students through various inter house competitions and school functions.
All the Houses shall perform the following duties by rotation:
- To conduct the Morning AssemblyTo collect and prepare news of International, National, School and Sports events and also write a
thought for the day on the blackboard meant for the purpose.
- To deliver the “Thought” in the form of a short speech in the Assembly.
- To check the late comers and mark in their diaries.
- To help in maintaining order and discipline during the recess period.
- To participate enthusiastically in all Intra-House and Inter-House contests.